Thursday 22 December 2011

Sunday 18th December – Mince Pie Run

Just about to tuck into a lovely mince pie!
Last year my Dad did the Mince Pie Run, which is a ride from wherever you live to a village hall in Belton, where they have food, drink and a raffle with prizes donated by Halfords and cycling shops. My Dad mentioned that he was going to do it again this year, so I decided to do it with him. From where we live it was a thirty mile ride, fifteen miles there, fifteen mile back, my longest ride yet, but had a few big hills, including the dreaded Whatton Hill. It was absolutely freezing when we set off and I had to put on all my winter gear to keep warm. We kept a good pace of about thirteen fourteen miles an hour, until the last few miles after Whatton Hill. I refuelled with cake, a mince pie and some coffee as they had run out sandwiches. The way back was a lot easier, as I was able to freewheel down all the huge hills I had had to pedal up earlier. A great ride and I’m looking forward to the next one next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment