Tuesday 20 December 2011

CycloCross - Sinfin Moor Park

Standing with my brother holding my medal
On the 12th of November it was my second CycloCross, and just like last time the grass was soaking. It was made even worse by the fact that it was long grass as well, except this time it didn't dry up. This was a real problem, as the combination of wet and long grass meant I would have to pedal twice as hard. As I started my race, I got just behind the leader and kept it for a while, until one of the other competitors just manages to squeeze past me. I thought 'Never in a million years' and at the first chance I had I sped past him in a blur. I finished with achy legs and covered in sweat. We waited for the presentations, and my name got called out again! Although this time it was only a third place, but you know what they say, room for improvement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment